Planning your visit
Whilst we are all looking forward to having more freedom again, our main concern is to keep you and our staff safe. So, there are some safety measures that we will be continuing to recommend for a while longer.
We will continue to monitor visitor numbers to ensure the museum doesn’t get too crowded.
You can still pre-book tickets for the Challenging Convention exhibition to ensure you get the timeslot you prefer: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk...
Tickets are also available to purchase at the gallery.
No ticket is needed if you are only visiting the free displays, shop or café (although a donation is welcome.) Our free displays are as follows:
We recommend wearing a face covering inside the gallery.
Our staff and volunteers are on hand to help and answer any questions.
As it is a small space the Under 5s Playspace will be closed until it is safe to open it.
For more detailed information, please read the sections below.
Our opening hours remain unchanged:
|Monday*||10am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||10am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||10am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||10am - 4.30pm|
|Saturday||10am - 4.30pm|
|Bank holidays||Closed (*Excluding bank holidays)|
When you arrive:
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
- We recommend wearing a face covering inside the gallery.
- If you are have pre-booked for the Challenging Convention exhibition, please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy.
- We will continue to display NHS QR code posters to make it easy for you to check-in to support Test and Trace. You will need to download the NHS app onto your mobile phone before you can scan the QR code. The app is available on Android's Google Play or Apple's App Store - search for NHS Covid-19.
During your visit
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. They will be wearing face coverings and we have screens at our till points.
- As it is a small space the Under 5’s Playspace will be closed until it is safe to open it.
- Our cafe is open serving hot and cold refreshments.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the venue.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas of the building and especially in areas of high contact.
This remains a very difficult time for us. Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.